Sunday 6 September 2015

York

This is my second attempt to write this as I  somehow deleted the first copied I had finished so here goes. Our day in York was busy. First we took a leisurely stroll down the Shambles.  Several little cobbled streets with building overhangs nearly touching one another. Very picturesque but lots of tourists. Next we moved onto York Minster. This has to be my favourite cathedral so far. A huge building with amazing stained glass windows. We managed to easlily spend several hours here and could have spent longer but time did not allow. To finish off the day we walked along a part of the old city wall. Lovely views from up on top. We saw some lovely back yard gardens and also saw many gardeners busy in each of these places so I guess the owners just sit back and enjoy their gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment